Here Are The Top 19 Animals That Kill The Most Humans. Number One May Shock You.
Turns out some of those odd phobias people have are arguably quite sane after all. Now you can tell your friends that your equinophobia (the fear of horses) might just be keeping you alive. Granted, in the grand scheme of things horses are not responsible for a lot of deaths, definitely not a many as the top 3 on our list. Three animals that might just surprise you quite a bit. With out further ado, here are the top 19 animals responsible for killing humans:
19. Leopards – While there are no official records on leopard attacks, confrontations in India are common. In one year at least, they claimed the lives of 15 people.
18. Horses – I hate to see horses on the list and they certainly do not intend to kill humans. But with the human tendency to ride them, particularly in rodeos, around 20 Americans are killed each year.
17. Cows – So how do cows kill humans? Pretty easily with a solid kick to the head. They are normal very calm creatures, but over 20 people per year are killed by them in the US.
16. Ants – There are many types of ants in the world and, combined, they kill over 30 people a year. Fire ants can be deadly to immobile people.
15. Bees – 53 people were killed by bees last year. This is mostly because they were deathly allergic.
14. African Lions – The latest numbers indicate around 70 people per year are killed by lions. It’s not so much that they want to us but, hey.. king of the jungle. They’ll do whatever they want.
13. Jellyfish – Guess what? Sharks are not what you should be afraid of in the water. It’s jellyfish that sting and kill as much as 15x more people than sharks each year.
12. Tigers – The lion may be the king of the jungle, but the tiger is the king of killing humans. Of course, it’s still a relatively low number. They are estimated to kill around 100 humans per year. I’m guessing in most cases, said humans provoked them.
11. Deer – No, deer are not stabbing people with their antlers (although they could). About 120 people per year die in automobile accidents caused by deer.
10. Domestic Dogs – 10. Domestic Dogs – Dogs are awesome, but let’s face it: with a horrible owner, they are capable of attacking and killing. 186 people per year have discovered that reality.
9. Cape Buffalo – This 1.5 ton massive creature with sharp horns is capable of destruction. Not that they are out for blood, but when they feel they’re in danger, they are may attack. About 200 people per year are killed by Cape Buffalo.
8. Being 13 feet tall and weighing 15,000 pounds, it’s no surprise that the elephant is on the list. Around 500 people per year are killed, usually by means of trampling, by this magnificent beast.
7. Crocodiles – And here’s one I would fully expect to make the list. I’m actually surprised crocs aren’t #1. Between 1500 and 2500 people per year are violently killed by crocodiles, a death I wish upon no one.
6. Hippopotamus – To my surprise, it’s the hippo that is considered the most dangerous animal in Africa. They seem very docile but when provoked, watch out. 3,000 people per year die from hippos.
5. Scorpions – With more than 1500 different species of scorpions, only about 25 have deadly poison. And those 25 do some serious damage, killing as many as 5000 people per year.
4. Snakes – Now I know why we all fear snakes so much. Because we should. They kill as many as 50,000 people worldwide each year. Often, it’s simply from feeling the human presence as a threat and attacking. Sucks to be human.
3. Tsetse Flies – Now we’re getting into some serious mass murdering animals (insects). The Tsetse fly is what spread the African sleeping sickness, which affects as many as 500,000 people, 80 percent of whom eventually die.
2. Mosquitoes – The annoying buzz in the ear is the least of our concerns with mosquitos. They’re very deadly due to carrying diseases such as Malaria. As many as 1,000,000 people per year die from Malaria. So what could possibly kill more people than that?
1. People – There’s no one better at killing humans than humans. We prove that every day.
Well I think that settles it, I’m locking myself in the basement and never coming out. Although the spiders would probably still get me. List inspired by List25. Share this with your friends so they know the dangers all around them. Especially their little fluffy deadly dog.
Previous Post: No Pup Loves Food More Than These Adorable Pugs. So! Much! Want!
Next Post: Dog Has Stopped Functioning, Restart?