When You Thread Pancake Batter Around Hot Dogs, You Make This Delicious Treat
The Labor Day weekend is almost upon us which means that it’s getting to be the time of year when we close up our grills and move the party indoors.
It usually also means that you can say so long to delicious hot dogs and yummy grilled burgers. But with this recipe, you can forget all about that. Not only are these hot dogs just as tasty as the BBQ version, they combine two flavor profiles — sweet and salty.
I give you…the tornado dog!
Here’s how to make these in your own kitchen:
- Hot dogs
- Wooden skewers
- 1 cup of pancake batter
- Oil for frying
- Put your hot dog on a skewer and cut a swirled slit in it mimicking a tornado. Spread the hot dog out so there are gaps at the cut marks.
- Mix one cup of pancake batter with some water to reach a dough-like consistency.
- Take a ball of batter and roll it out with your hands into a thin, straw-like strand.
- Thread the dough into the hot dog’s cuts.
- Fry in oil for five minutes and serve with ketchup or whatever dipping sauce you want!
I can’t wait to try these this weekend!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/tornado-hot-dogs/